Training is a vital aspect of professional growth. It is an opportunity to enhance existing skills and knowledge. Training, however, has an inherent limitation. It does not improve competency. Competency is derived from persistent application. Therefore, training without application is an incomplete journey. Professional growth involves sustained improvement in skills, knowledge, and competency.
Most ‘ self-made’ leaders attribute their leadership competence from sheer experience. They have mastered the art of learning from failure and being in constant action. Such leaders derive their skills from what they have been practising, and so, find themselves limited when it comes to breaking into new domains of doing business. It is here that training finds its relevance. Agile leaders especially need to train themselves periodically due to the following merits borne from the environment they work in:
- Agile training courses fill the necessary ‘skill gap’ that a leader would like to upgrade upon
- Agile training courses are designed to create awareness on the best practices prevalent in the market
- Agile training courses facilitate peer to peer interactions
- Agile training courses serve as opportunities for deep self-introspection and recalibration of personal and professional milestones
- Agile training courses are an excellent medium to invest in networking with like-minded professionals
- Agile training courses create possibilities to explore new horizons and discoveries which hitherto were in proverbial blind spots
- Agile training courses offer post-training contact programs that allow the application of knowledge into domain-specific performance in action
Agile leaders operate in complex and highly volatile environments. Due to the prevailing importance of human centricity, ‘mindset influence’ is a key factor in which leaders need to constantly hone their skills on. Developing a growth mindset is a function of knowledge, skill, and competency that can be initiated from an Agile training course. The learning objectives of such Agile training courses are so designed that they encourage developing a growth mindset. The links to the learning objectives of the Agile Coaching Track of IC Agile are given below. Feel free to explore and gauge as to how the Agile training courses on Agile Coaching and Agile Facilitation enable impactful training and sustainable training.
The course focuses primarily on the mindsets, roles, coaching skills and responsibilities of an Agile Coach, and after successful completion of the course, you will be ICP-ACC certified. You will be able to differentiate between mentoring, facilitating, consulting, teaching and coaching.
Contact us to at [email protected] to know more on our ICP ACC Coachings scheduled in your city
The ICAgile Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) certification focuses primarily on the mindset and role of an agile team facilitator, while also providing group facilitation tools and techniques for effectively designing meetings and workshops that both engage the entire audience and drive towards agreed-upon outcomes.
Contact us at [email protected] to know more on our ICP ATF Coachings scheduled in your city.
The Value of an Agile Training Course
Agile training courses are rich in experiential knowledge. They are not knowledge-centric sessions. A typical Agile training course would have the following design elements factored into it:
- Agile training courses are based on the concept of learning, unlearning and relearning
- Agile training courses are not theoretical and academic
- Agile training courses are more practical in approach and focus more on improving the competence and value addition of participants
- Agile training courses are iterative and designed to undergo a review process to incorporate the most relevant skill/knowledge into the sessions
- Agile training courses are conducted by highly competent, skilled and experienced trainers who have been through a thorough accreditation process by a central governing body
- Agile training courses award certifications from world-renowned and industry-approved accreditation agencies
- Agile training courses offered by leading training providers (such as Leadership-Tribe) are so designed that they devote equal time for skill gap realization, brain science-based knowledge and practical exposure to fundamental and key concepts of coaching and facilitation
As mentioned earlier, Agile training courses cover all three domains of sound professional up-gradation i.e., skill, knowledge, and competency. Training institutions such as Leadership Tribe support the development of all three in its contact programs. Agile training courses mustn’t serve as mere certification windows. Such an intent would be grossly unethical and distanced from the core philosophy of Agile principles. Hence, Agile training courses must be of value to its participants. They should expand the competencies of both the trainer and trainee. It is, therefore, absolutely worth periodically investing in an Agile training course, especially so if you are an Agile practitioner. In the next article, we shall examine if it is worth investing time and money in an Agile Certification.